Your First Float Visit
(click here for FAQ’s)
Your first float will start out with a 5 minute introductory video below.
You will remove your shoes and put on sandals before entering the suite (Epsom salts can be corrosive to shoes and clothes. You may not want to wear your “best” clothes.)
- Staff will escort you to the suite and show you how to use The Float Pod®.
- You’ll want to use the restroom prior to entering your suite.
- You are welcome to bring your own music. Please inform staff if this is your wish and they can help you set it up. It is played with a regular headphone jack.
*While we provide ADA bathroom and shower, depending on your disability, getting in and out of the Pod may require assistance. Please contact us with questions.
**Remember, the benefits of floating are cumulative, and it’s suggested you float at least three times. Try our package of 3 floats for $180, that’s just $60 a float!
The Float Suite
- Upon entering the private room you will rinse off in a warm shower: not hot or you will be cold when you enter The Float Pod® because it is heated to the temperature of your skin!
- Each room is supplied with earplugs; we recommend earplugs to avoid swimmers ear and salt in your ear canal.
- Vaseline is also available to cover any scratches or cuts that may burn in salt. We recommend you not float if you have open wounds – ouch!! Also Epsom salts can irritate freshly shaved skin and we do NOT recommend floating on the day of a shave, waxing, or tan. Vaseline or liquid bandage will suffice for smaller cuts.
- The lights in the room are on a sensor and will turn off after five minutes of no movement so no need to try and find your way into The Float Pod® in the dark.
- You are provided a towel and hand towel. Should you need to use the restroom once undressed, a robe is also provided.
- The suite is yours during the duration of the float and we ask you exit within 10 minutes after your float so we can prepare the room for the next floater. If you’re a member and no one is scheduled after your time you can keep floating – lucky you!
Entering the REST Pod
- Upon completion of your shower, we will start your float session. The water is heated to skin temperature, and even though it is only 10 inches deep, it contains 900 pounds of Epsom salts so you are able to float on the surface.
- Climb into the pod and lie back gently, the buoyancy will lift you up. It is difficult to gauge how relaxed you are while floating, but will you notice afterward! One’s brain focuses on even minor sensations due to a complete lack of “feeling” elsewhere. Keep relaxed and the aches and pains will drift away. RELAX! Your body and head are completely supported by the water. You do not need to force you head up and your are in no danger of rolling over. (Try touching the bottom of the pods with your hands…it is very difficult.)
- Sometimes people experience a tightness in their neck or upper back, a neck support is provided to ease this discomfort. Many report needing this for 3-4 sessions and then the pain is released.
- Music will begin as you enter The Float Pod®, lasting 5-10 minutes followed by silence. It will take awhile for your brain to settle down, but the music is designed to distract you from your own thoughts. Try humming to yourself while in the Pod or hum when you exhale. It will sound powerful and loud and can be quite fun. Please do not become frustrated if it takes your mind a bit to settle down.
- Remember you are in a private room, so you can leave the pod door open if you wish (you may feel a chill if you leave it open the entire hour), alternatively you can prop it partially open with your towel, rolled up.
- Because The Float Pod® is not airtight, and ideally the lights are off you feel as if you are floating in the universe, not confined in a tank. Because of this, those with claustrophobia report not having any issues.
- To give your body sensory relief we recommend you leave the light and music off once they distinguish. But if you chose, you can to leave the interior light on. The switch is to your right while lying down.
- If you get salt in your eyes there is a bottle of pure water hanging inside the pod.
- Remember that the experience and benefits come after the float, so we tell people to expect nothing while in the Pod. Be open to what comes.
Ending the Session
- Music will begin at the end of your session letting you know your time is up. The lights and the pump will come on to notify you your float time has ended. If you fall asleep, this usually wakes you up. If this doesn’t work and you are still asleep you may hear a knock on the door.
- Upon exiting The Float Pod®, try to wipe some the salt off your skin. It gets slick outside the Pod so use caution upon exiting.
- Once out, head directly to the shower and make sure to thoroughly rinse off all salty water and to rinse your ears thoroughly, as in rare cases crystalline salt can cause ear aches. We provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. Please try to vacate the room within 10 minutes at the end of your session, as we need to prepare for the next client. Enjoy your float session!
- Upon getting your clothes back on you are free to re-claim your shoes or use our prep room for hair drying or makeup.